Your Hearing Aids in UK Hottest Summer in 42 Years!
Whilst we want everyone to enjoy the sun just a few tips to maintaining your hearing aids so they continue to work to their optimum in such unprecedented weather.
- Sunlight/Heat Don’t leave your aids in direct sunlight as the aid casing and batteries can be damaged by high temperatures. Avoid leaving your aids or batteries in the car, find cool dry place.
- Sweat The current high temperatures and humidity can spell disaster for a hearing aid. Increased water in the air can cause water to condense inside your device, a complication that gets even worse as you sweat. Storing your hearing aid in a dry box every night will give your device a chance to dry out and recover for the next day.
- Sunscreen Whilst this is vital in protecting against burns and skin cancer, it can also clog your hearing aid’s ports and filters. Always remove your hearing aids before applying sunscreen or bug repellent and wipe down your devices after any activities that moisten your skin.
- Pool /Swim If you’re heading to the pool to beat the heat remove your hearing aid before you get in the water, place them in a waterproof container in a shady spot. Condensation on or in the device can corrode the batteries, damage the microphone and receiver, and cause a device to “cut out” or simply stop working.
- Beaches. Leave your aids in a safe place, not only does the ocean pose the threat of water damage, salt water is especially hazardous to hearing aids as it leaves a crust of salt crystals inside the device.
Enjoy the summer from all at Guru Hearing Care!